The results are in and we're pleased to announce the winners of this year's 180 Video Contest.
Thanks to all of the entrants for your great work! We truly appreciate your commitment to promoting road safety, including your efforts to share your entries and get people to view and vote.
And special thanks to our prize suppliers, Genesis Matrix and Simply.ca, for helping us promote the contest and for their interest in road safety.
180 Video Contest winners
The winners of the 2012 180 Video Contest are:
- Best 60 Seconds: A Kids Lesson by Andrea Ivonne Garza De Leon, Vancouver, B.C.
- 2nd place: Loop by Dave Wallace, Victoria, B.C.
- 3rd place: 99 Bottles (60 seconds version) by Connor Gaston, Victoria, B.C.
- Best 27 Seconds: 99 Bottles (27 seconds version) by Connor Gaston, Victoria, B.C.
- 2nd place: Texting Impairs by Devyn Brugge, Burnaby, B.C.
- 3rd place: Don't Text and Drive by Brandon Card, Kelowna, B.C.
- Best 12 Seconds: Some Things You Can't Undo by Ayman Momen, Coquitlam, B.C.
- 2nd place: Driving Blind (12 seconds version) by Laurence Parlane, Kelowna, B.C.
- 3rd place: The Impact of Speeding by Matt Deeming, Langley, B.C.
- Best Mobile: Cause and Effect by Albert Cleto, Vancouver, B.C.
- Best Comedy: Give Them the Thumbs by Peter Lan, Richmond, B.C.
- Best Music: Don't Drink and Drive: in Song by Kenny Chow, Vancouver, B.C.
- Best Animation: Circle of Cellular Life by Adrian Perreault, Kamloops, B.C.
- Best Silent: Designated Dog (27 seconds version) by James Fraser, Langley, B.C.
- People's Choice: Driving Blind by Laurence Parlane, Kelowna, B.C. His video received 705 likes—the most votes on our 180 YouTube channel as of midnight, October 31, 2012.